Question: How does racism hurt white people?
- Racism sharply reduces white people’s chance opportunities in life to acquire new knowledge or new perspectives from intelligent or wise people.*
- Racism causes white people to overestimate their abilities and to underestimate their own weaknesses. It prevents them from knowing themselves and stunts their personal growth.
- Racism reduces white people’s chances of receiving help from others in times of desperation.
- Racism compromises white people’s physical safety.**
- Racism prevents white people from empathizing with and understanding human beings.