Everyone is welcome to comment on this blog, regardless of level of formal education or lackthereof, class, ability, race, gender, and sexual orientation. Your personal characteristics do not determine the validity of your comments on this blog, or on any other blog or medium. However, no commenters are immune from receiving harsh criticism.
You may use a nickname, if you prefer. Note that this blog does not require you to fill in out an e-mail address to comment; it is optional.
There are no restrictions on the types of people who can comment, but there are restrictions on the types of comments.
- Spam will be deleted.
- Bigoted strings of text lacking in punctuation and capitalization will be ignored. If you disagree with me and want to say something that could be construed as bigoted or hateful, at least make the effort to appear intelligent by using proper grammar and punctuation.
- If you try to abuse #2 by continually posting bigoted and hateful strings of ungrammatical text, and I haven’t replied to your comments because I think they’re too ignorant, your comments will be considered “spam”. See #1.
- Comments that use racist slurs (e.g., the n-word), homophobic slurs (e.g., “f*gg*t”, “h*m*”, or “homosexual” as a noun), or transphobic slurs (e.g., “tr*nny”, or “transsexual” as a noun) will be deleted. (These will be considered ad hominem attacks.)
- If you engage in racist or homophobic (etc.) name-calling (e.g., you address another commenter using a racist/homophobic/etc. nick-name you made up), your comment will be deleted and you will probably be banned soon. (This will be considered an ad hominem attack.)
- Do not post links shortened with URL shorteners. Shortened URLs can be used to hide malicious links. There is no character limit on this blog, so there is no reason to shorten URLs.
If there are typos, spelling, or grammatical mistakes in my posts, please let me know.
Comment policy is subject to change without notice. Last updated 2010/12/31.