In Asian Teen in Keswick Fights Back Against Racist Bully, Maysie predicted:
And finally, here are my dumbass predictions of the future:
1. The white racist bully will not be criminally charged
2. The charges will not be dropped against the young man
York school board stands down, reinstates bullied student (Globe and Mail, May 4, 2009):
The 15-year-old will return to Keswick High School this morning with the suspension removed from his academic record and his upcoming expulsion hearing cancelled, the boy’s father said Monday.
The turnabout began Monday when the student and his parents were invited to a hastily convened reconciliation session with his antagonist and that boy’s parents. At that meeting, the white student apologized for directing a racial slur at the 15-year-old and for punching him in the mouth. The 15-year-old apologized for breaking his classmate’s nose.
The boy still faces a charge of assault causing bodily harm even though his opponent’s parents have twice called York Regional Police asking that the charges be dropped. Mr. Koven said once charges have been laid, however, it’s up to the Crown to determine whether to proceed or not, which probably won’t be decided until a first court appearance on May 13.
(Hat-tip to the person who DM’d me the Globe and Mail article on Twitter. I don’t know if this person wants to remain anonymous, since it was a DM.)
The police do not have the legal authority to drop charges, as they are not the judge, so it’s up to the Crown Attorney. However, Maysie’s first prediction has been fulfilled.
The white racist bully will not be charged because he apologized for the racist abuse and assault, while the Asian racism victim had to apologize for accidentally breaking the racist aggressor’s nose with his left hand in self-defence. Apparently, the school administrators believed that both students share the blame for the incident, and both must publicly apologize.
Other new blog posts about the Keswick incident:
- A really short post by grandpa dinosaur at pregnant drug-dealing prostitutes – I used to joke around and say that “King City is Racist, but there ain’t an Ontario school more Racist than Keswick.”
- Keswick, Ontario: racist town by Alston Adams
- asian fights back, gets suspended… then reinstated at angry asian man
- Silly Immigrants, Canada Is For White People by Renee at Womanist Musings